What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a rehabilitation specialty that treats conditions related to joint, muscle, skeletal, and nerve problems that would otherwise impair mobility, function, and quality of life.
What is a Physical Therapist?
Physical therapists are licensed health care professionals who diagnosis and treat individuals of all ages who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their ability to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Physical therapists examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. Physical therapists also develop fitness and wellness-oriented programs to promote healthier and more active lifestyles.
What is a Physical Therapist Assistant?
Physical therapist assistants are licensed health care professionals who provide treatment according to the plan developed by and under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
What Can You Expect From Us?
- Your physical therapist will address the pain and/or concerns that brought you here today.
- Your physical therapist can usually give you a general idea of how long you will be coming to physical therapy, however the time frame will vary with each individual's case.
- We will teach you how to perform some of your treatment at home.
- You will gain an understanding of the cause of your pain and/or concern.
- Some conditions can involve increased discomfort during the treatment in order to reach your intended goals. However, we try to minimize discomfort as much as possible.
- You will have access to a health care professional who can help you understand the health care system and help direct you to other health care resources.
- We will be in communication with your referring health care provider, providing updates on your progress at various intervals during your course of therapy.
- Our clinicians work as a team to provide you with quality and effective care. For consistency, we will do our best to schedule you with the same one or two clinicians for the duration of your treatment. However, there may be times when you may need to work with another qualified clinician.
What We Need From You:
- It is your responsibility to follow through under the guidance of your therapists.This includes being consistent with your appointments and your home exercise program, as well as expressing your specific goals to your therapist.
- Let us know if you have pain, whether it occurs during the treatment or at home with your exercises.
- Please call if you are unable to attend your appointment so we can accommodate other patients in need.
- Please have patience and understanding that the body takes time to heal and relief may not be immediate.
- Please communicate with us or with your referring provider any concerns you have that would interfere with your reaching your goals in physical therapy.
Why Choose Donna P. Johnson Physical Therapy, P.C.?
You have a choice in your physical therapy provider. We know from over 25 years of experience that we provide caring and quality physical therapy that is individualized for our patients' unique needs and concerns. Our dedication, expertise, and our one-on-one approach have been the key factors in our success in serving the areas surrounding our two locations in Fair Haven and Poultney, Vermont. While we have grown and changed over the years, our mission remains the same: to provide each patient with professional services in a friendly and efficient manner where our patients' needs supersede all others.